Monday, April 26, 2010

Baby Books?

Ok, I started writing this a while back and I'm finally posting it...

Logan got his first haircut recently. When my mom and dad came by, they mentioned how I needed to put it in his baby book. Baby book? I got one for Lexxa and I filled out some basic information, but I didn't get very far. I saved random things and notes and just put them inside the book, but I never really moved them over. With Logan, however, I never got a baby book. So, my excuse to my parents was that I have a blog now. I know, it's a stretch, and I don't even update my blog that much, but hey, it's similar to a baby book when you put new stories about your kids every once in a while.

One day, I want to sit down and just type up the story of my kids' lives--how Brad and I met, when we got married, when we got pregnant and all about when they were born until the present time (whenever that ends up being). I figured it's going to be a pretty long story. So, here's my attempt at a blog post to make up for not having baby books.

Lexxa - 4 years, 8 months

Right now, Lexxa loves playing computer games and doing anything artistic and crafty. It's amazing how good she is on the computer already--she knows how to open her online games all by herself. She is trying soccer out pretty unsuccessfully so far (see Soccer Diaries Part I). She absolutely loves her little brother, even though she tortures him sometimes. She's a smart and loving little girl. She's almost too smart for her own good sometimes because she already tries to negotiate with us! She's great at writing her name along with Logan, Mommy and Daddy. She loves writing the alphabet as well. She's also a funny girl and she actually make jokes. She's almost done with her PreK class that she absolutely loves and she's moving on to Kindergarten in the fall. She's growing up so fast! She drives us a little crazy sometimes, but she also makes us smile every day.
Logan - 23 months


Logan is such a mellow and fun-loving little boy. He's learning new words every day and he is completely happy just sitting and playing with blocks, cars or trains. He also loves to eat, just about anything! He loves dropping his sister off at school and he talks to all of the moms and teachers when he's there. And, a few days ago, he had his first haircut! He doesn't have a lot of hair, but he had a lot of little scraggly pieces on the sides and in the back, so it was time to clean it up. Now, he looks like such a grown up little boy. I have to be honest, I'm a little sad about it.

There's something about watching your kids grow up so fast especially when you know you're not going to have any more. In my mind, I just know that the baby stage is just about over and my kids are going to become big kids, teenagers and then adults right before my eyes. Every stage is a new adventure--fun, stressful, happy, sad and every other emotion you can think of.

1 comment: