Thursday, December 29, 2011
I was in Starbucks today and the girl in front of me seemed to have this white powdery stuff in one section of her hair. I say, if you're not going to wash your hair and you're going to use that spray shampoo stuff (which is totally acceptable if you can pull it off)...make sure you brush it all out and there isn't a big chunk of white powder on the side of your head when you have a low side ponytail going on.
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Monday, August 15, 2011
So, I decided to try audio books. Audible.com is part of Amazon and it allows you to pay a monthly subscription where you receive credits and you can download books with those credits. They have a free trial, so I thought I would give it a try. I have to listen on my phone, and not through the radio, but that's no big deal for me since the speaker on my phone is fine.
It was tough to decide which book I should listen to first. I looked through some of the best sellers and I just wasn't sure. I went back to my friend's trusty blog (thanks, Melissa!) and looked at some of her book reviews. Based on her review and some of the others I read online, I went with this one:
Monday, July 25, 2011
Lexxa: Mom, is she going to give out roses tonight?
Lexxa: So, whoever doesn't get the last rose has to go home?
Me: Ok, time for bed.
Lexxa: Tell me if there is anyone that I might like.
Me: What do you mean? Someone you think who should have gotten a rose.
Lexxa: No, like if they are cute or something.
Really? She is not even 6 yet! I guess I need to censor the TV shows that she sees me watching!
Sunday, July 17, 2011
A shot of my room at The Lodge - a Renaissance Hotel where the bathtub area opens up so you can see the TV. I sat and watched the Bachelorette from there!
The view of the grounds from my room.
First winery: B.R. Cohn
The weather was beautiful, so it was great sitting outside with a nice glass of wine. It's so peaceful there.
Jacuzzi Winery. This place was beautiful. And yes, this is the same Jacuzzi family that invented the Jacuzzi. We also had a lovely dinner reception there.
Another shot at Jacuzzi.
On the last day, we also got to learn about some wine and cheese pairings at the hotel with their sommelier (I learned what a sommelier was that day too). We tasted different wines from Sonoma along with local cheeses. It was excellent. I didn't take any pics...I was too busy eating and drinking! All of the food there was so fresh and delicious--even the hotel food at lunch.
And last, but not least, Ravenswood. We did a team building exercise where we made our own blend of wine, had to name it and market it. It was a lot of fun and we got to take home a small bottle of our very own blend.
It was an excellent trip and believe it or not, I actually got a lot of good information that was work-related. I could get used to this. :-)
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Friday evening after work. Back and forth three times to Brad's cousin's to pick up kids and drop off stuff for Lexxa to spend the night. Good news = she lives in town so no big deal. Thanks for having Lexxa over!
Saturday. Morning, pick up Lexxa, go to the grocery store. Head to afternoon BBQ at Brad's dad's. Pool, food, sun. Go home, kids napped, got ready and went to my friends Stella & Dot launch party.
Sunday. Slept in a little, got ready to go to BBQ #2 at my brother's girlfriend's house. Pool, food, sun. Headed home and got ready for July 3rd street dance. Waited for Brad to get home from work and then headed out to street dance. P.S. It didn't even cool down much that night.
Monday. Morning, parade. Afternoon, BBQ #3 at my cousin's house. Food, friends, playing in the back yard. Head home. Get ready for fireworks. Head to fireworks. Get home at 10:45 and have to think about work the next morning.
Ugh! My alarm going off at 5:30 this morning was not cool!
All in all, it was an great weekend, but I am so exhausted! Getting ready for another busy week and weekend coming up...
Sunday, June 26, 2011
Here is the burger.
Still going strong and almost finished.
He was easily finished in a half hour. The difficult part was the heavy chili cheese fries at the bottom.
All for this fabulous t-shirt. It was the highlight of the night for the group of 40. Good times.
So, I've been dealing with a lot of sh** lately. I know he's already 3, but we're finally getting Logan potty trained. Things are going well so far, particularly with going pee, but the #2 is a different story. Here are some things that I've experienced so far (NOTE: some descriptions may be a little graphic):
1. Logan had been holding his poo for a few days because he's still nervous about going on the toilet. So, one night, he sat on his little potty seat (note that this is the one that you have to clean out each time they go to the bathroom because it's just a little plastic seat). He was sitting there for quite a while and I thought he was just kind of playing there. Then I realized that it smelled pretty bad in there. So, he went to get up and sure enough, there was a big, huge #2 in his little toilet. I've dealt with a lot of kid poop in my day, but this made me gag. I carefully dumped the stuff from the little potty seat into the regular toilet. Bad idea. It wouldn't flush. What do I do next? I had to figure out how to break it up--I grabbed one of those wooden skewers for bbq and started poking at it in the toilet. I had to turn my head away and I was gagging the whole time. I even blew up at Lexxa at one point because she was trying to be all up in the mix and see what I was doing. I felt bad after the fact. So, after making sure everything went down the toilet, I had to clean out the little potty seat still. Yuck.
2. On Father's Day we spent the day with my family and went to a San Jose Giants game. We came home and relaxed for a bit and then just decided to go and get pizza for dinner. So, we go to the pizza place and Logan is wearing his big boy underwear. They are playing and eating like normal and then he tells me he needs to go to the bathroom. We go into the bathroom and his underwear are completely loaded with poo. Gross! I noticed when I was getting ready to put him on the toilet and it got everywhere. The underwear went in the trash and we cleaned him up and headed home. At least I got to eat my pizza before all of this went down!
3. Logan has been doing so well with wearing underwear and going on the toilet. But, last night he decided to go #2 in his underwear again. This one wasn't as bad, but still no fun.
I'm really looking forward to him being completely potty trained so we don't have to worry about all of this...but in the meantime, I will just suck it up and deal with it!
Monday, May 16, 2011
- New job
- Trip to Hawaii
- The Cheeseburger Challenge (part of Hawaii trip but worthy of its own post)
- Logan playing soccer
- Kid's activities - Children's Discover Museum and beach day
- Mother's Day
Hopefully you'll see me here again soon!
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Thursday, January 27, 2011
I will try and keep some sort of motivation going, but it doesn't seem to be working out too well.
Thursday, January 20, 2011
We decided to do round 2 of this challenge at work and it started last week. At my first weigh-in, I was exactly the same weight as my last weigh-in of the first challenge. The scale at work is a little off compared to my home scale, so I think my weight is actually a little lower. But I guess that doesn't matter because we are using the work scale for the competition.
Well, this round 2 challenge has been super challenging already! I really don't feel motivated this time and I'm not sure what it is...geez, I have a Hawaii trip in a few months, I should be totally motivated! It's not happening though. So, today was the first weigh-in day and I was down 1lb. I guess it doesn't feel like a great start for me, but at least I lost a little.
Hopefully since I'm posting this on my blog, it will force me to make an update every once in a while to tell you about my progress...good or bad. Maybe this will give me a little more motivation.
Wish me luck!
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Every time I visit a baby in the hospital, it makes me think of when my own babies were born. So, I thought I Flashback post was appropriate...
My tiny miss Lexxa weighing in at 6lbs, 9oz. Wow, our first baby and all of a sudden life changes in a major way!
She was Daddy's little girl from day one.
It's crazy to look back at the day she was born--she's five years old already!
Fast forward almost 3 years...and then there were 2. Note the shirt that Brad is wearing below...yep, it's the same one he was wearing when Lexxa was born! I know, sad.
My "little" man weighed in at 9lbs 11.8oz, over three pounds heavier than his sister was when she was born! Holy Moly!
My sweet babies.