Friday, September 24, 2010

Patterns

Lexxa still has a tough time going to sleep without me or Brad in the room. This is not a surprise since she's always been kinda high maintenance that way. Needless to say, my nights are pretty frustrating sometimes. Lexxa and Logan share a room so I've got a 2 year old who doesn't want to go to bed and a 5 year old who wants me to stay in there with her. And, half the time they end up playing and giggling and not going to sleep right away. I feel like I have a pretty good routine for them, so they know it's bedtime, but yet, it's still a battle.

So, last night I had it. I decided that if Lexxa could play and giggle in her room with Logan, then she really, truly didn't need me in there with it. So, I left. In the middle of her playing with Logan, she would cry and say "I want Mommy. I want Daddy." I went back in the room to get them to lay in bed and I was frustrated and telling her that she couldn't be that upset. "You're laughing and then crying...laughing and then crying" I say in my firmest voice trying to explain to her that she's fine and I'm not even that far away in our little two bedroom apartment. So, she says to me "Mommy, that's a pattern--laughing, crying, laughing, crying!" She was so excited about it too. I gave up on the lecture. But, I was really happy to know that she's learning so much in school!

No comments:

Post a Comment